Sunday, June 17, 2012

That head gets around!

You may have heard about the kerfuffle surrounding the "accidental" use of  George W. Bush's severed head in an episode of HBO's Game of Thrones.  Producers insist they just happened to have one lying around for use in the scene.  I doubted that at first, but now, I'm not so sure.  For you see, the same head has already appeared in another popular film!

Take a look for yourself and let us know what you think:


Did you know?
  
* Oliver Cromwell's head has its own Wikipedia page?  Neither did we. The head had a pretty lively post-mortem history....

3 comments:

  1. Ha, funny photo. You know, I swear I heard something similar to this, something about some other prop that has appeared in movie after movie after movie...

    But, yes, of course it was on purpose, probably meant to be funny more than a political statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That prop story sounds interesting. I know there are (is?) some sound effects that get re-used as a long-standing in-joke...I think a kind of death scream, an "aiii-yeee" kind of thing. I'm sure of it. And surely, the GoT people should grow a pair and say yeah, you got us, bad joke. It is kind of amusing, but I can see why people think otherwise. Plus, the political discourse is so toxic right now, with lots of violent overtones, the talk of reloading, 2nd amendment solution, crosshair imagery etc. etc. Best to leave out the heads on a spike imagery. They probably never expected it to be noticed.

      Unless this is more liberal elite subliminal mind fucking.

      I think I asked this on FB...would this kind of thing merit a visit from the Secret Service?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Need to add an image? Use this code: [ximg]IMAGE-URL-HERE[x/img]. You will need to remove the the boldface x's from the code to make it work.